Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Back to Article
Back to Article

Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Joseph Goff and Jack Hayes

In the January edition of the Toilet Times, we made our predictions for the NFL Playoffs.  We predicted that the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs would represent their respective conferences in the Super Bowl.  However, we were obviously wrong about our predictions for the playoffs.  We ended up having the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots playing in the Super Bowl.  The Rams took a 26-23 win over the Saints in overtime, benefiting from a missed pass-interference call late in the 4th quarter.  The Patriots 37-31 victory over the Chiefs also went into overtime, where the Patriots drove straight down the field on their first possession and scored a touchdown to win the game.

Joe’s Prediction: Patriots

I believe that the Patriots dominant stretch, unfortunately, will continue.  I don’t know anyone that really wants the Patriots win, but the truth is, no team is as dangerous as the Patriots in the playoffs.  On paper the Rams have a WAY better roster than the Patriots, but you can’t bet against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  I feel like the Rams will compete in this game but will lose a close game 31-30 with Tom Brady winning MVP.

Jack’s Prediction:

I think that the LA Rams will win Super Bowl 53 because of their dominant offense and strong defense.  The offense has so many dominant players that the Patriots defense will not be able to control the Rams quick and agile offense including Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, and Brandin Cooks.  Also their strong defense including one of the best linemen in the NFL Aaron Donald.  I think that the Rams will win in overtime on the first drive by scoring a touchdown winning 31-24.  Jared Goff will throw a pass to Brandon Cooks inside the 10 yard line and Todd Gurley will run in a touchdown to win the Super Bowl.

About the Writers
Joseph Goff, Staff Writer

Joseph Goff is a Sophomore here at Heritage.  This is his first year in  journalism.  Joseph is  a member of the JV Football team and Track & Field...

Jack Hayes, Staff Writer

Jack Hayes a sophomore at Heritage High School in Leesburg. He is a first year Journalism student. Jack is a member of the Heritage Varsity Golf and Junior...

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

New Leadership for the Boys Basketball Program

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

CLBL: A League for Everyone

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

America Runs On Winter Track

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

NFL Fans at Heritage!

• Sports

Pride Freshmen Boys Basketball vs Tuscarora

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

Football Team Takeaway

• Sports

Pride JV and Freshman Football Take On The Riverside Rams

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

Military Appreciation Game

• Super Bowl LIII Predictions

Sports

What’s Up With the New Field?

Super Bowl LIII Predictions