Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

Cole Guinther, junior, (center) does Beyonce's

Cole Guinther, junior, (center) does Beyonce's "Single Ladies" dance routine with Michael Kellog, senior, (left) and Casey Tallungan, junior (right).

Peyton Fisher

Peyton Fisher

Peyton Fisher

Peyton Fisher, Meryem Boukhriss, and Sophia Chemali

Mr. Heritage is an annual event, where students compete for the title of “Mr. Heritage.” It is set up in the style of a beauty pageant, with the students competing in categories such as answering questions, showing off talents, and more. “I had such a good experience from last year, and I had a fun time doing it this year,” Cole Guinther, junior, said.

Guinther’s talent was performing Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” dance routine with two of his other friends. “We added a few dance moves to it,” he said. . Guinther wasn’t too stressed about performing. “When I was questioned during the dream career category, I was nervous but doing the other performances was easier because I couldn’t see anyone,” he added.  He expected Connor Prugh, senior, to win, but he still had fun competing. “It was overall a great experience,” said Guinther.

Michael Kellog, senior, also had a fun time during the Mr. Heritage event. “I felt like I belonged there, [when performing on stage],” he explained. For the talent section of the competition, Kellog did a skit, involving comedy, singing, and dancing. “If there was an award for funniest act, I think I should have won that,” Kellog added.

Connor Prugh, senior, was the winner of the Mr. Heritage competition. He felt that he set the standard high for the talent section last year, so he needed to think of something different to improve upon his act. “That’s why I went with the comedy skit at the beginning of my act,” Prugh explained. He was nervous before performing, but when he went on stage, Prugh had a lot of fun.

The Mr. Heritage event was an entertaining night that will be remembered. Until next year!

About the Contributors
Peyton Fisher, Staff Writer

Peyton Fisher is a sophomore at Heritage High School, and this is her second year of journalism. She does varsity cheer for Heritage, and she likes to...

Meryem Boukhriss, Staff Writer

Meryem Boukhriss is a sophomore at Heritage High School. This is her first year in journalism. Meryem is taking Key Club and loves to travel. She also...

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Heritage’s Headache: Leaving the Parking Lot

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Chromebooks at Heritage?

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Life’s a Cakewalk for Sha’nelle!

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Need For Sleep

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

The Most Popular Products Bought in 2018 on Amazon Day

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

It’s In the Books

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Two Possible School Calendars- Which is Better?

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Heritage High’s Science Night

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Students’ Ideas On: Rush Foods

• Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

News

Smart Driving

Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…