Mr. Ford is Headed to County

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Ford is Headed to County

Kenny Ford wears one of his farewell gifts, a Heritage Pride jacket.  Mr. Ford has been part of the Pride community since the school opened in 2002.

Kenny Ford wears one of his farewell gifts, a Heritage Pride jacket. Mr. Ford has been part of the Pride community since the school opened in 2002.

Hollie Wilburn, Editor

Kenny Ford, Heritage’s building engineer, is transferring to Loudoun County High School. County-wide administration requested this switch to provide an opportunity for the building engineers to have experience in more than one building. Mr. Ford dedicated almost 17 years at Heritage.

Mr. Ford started his time at Heritage as a custodian back in 2002. Over the years, he moved up and eventually became the building engineer. He fixed almost everything in the building, from water fountains to air vents. Although most of his work was done behind the scenes, Mr. Ford has a big presence in the Heritage community. In 2003, he was voted “Most Talkative” faculty member, along with Prof. Biggers. More recently, students came together in Pride Time to craft cards for Mr. Ford, thanking him and wishing him well. The Heritage administration joined in, too, gifting Mr. Ford a Heritage jacket, a County tee-shirt, and a customized wooden sign, among other things.

Although we have to say farewell to Mr. Ford, we get to meet Bob Jackson, Heritage’s new building engineer, who hails from County.

About the Writer
Hollie Wilburn, Editor

Hollie is a senior and is entering her second year as managing and copy editor for journalism, though she has been in the class for three years. A grammar...

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

What Happened to the Vending Machines?

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

A Senior Looks Back: Lukas Markussen’s High School Experience

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Google Tricks You May Not Know About

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Heritage’s Headache: Leaving the Parking Lot

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Chromebooks at Heritage?

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Life’s a Cakewalk for Sha’nelle!

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Need For Sleep

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

Mr. Heritage: And The Winner Is…

• News

The Most Popular Products Bought in 2018 on Amazon Day

• Mr. Ford is Headed to County

News

It’s In the Books

Mr. Ford is Headed to County