Smart Driving

Back to Article
Back to Article

Smart Driving

Mackenna Myers, Staff Writer

Every student in high school needs to complete a Drivers Ed program, as well as a Behind Th Wheel course in order to acquire their license. These are two very important and beneficial classes that will help students in high school know what to expect when they are on the road. Students take Drivers Ed through the school, and they have an option to take Behind The Wheel from a variety of business, including one called Smart Driving.

Mr. Smart is one of Heritage High school’s safety and security officers, and one of the owners of Street Smart Driving Academy. Street Smart is a driving academy that helps high school students get their Behind The Wheel credits that are required in order to get a drivers license. According to Mr. Smart, “you must have completed Drivers Ed before you enroll in Street Smart.”

The idea for the Street Smart Driving Academy all started with Mr. Smart’s wife. Mr. Smart explained, “Someone asked my wife if she could teach them how to drive. She replied that she didn’t have a certification to teach students how to drive, but then decided that she would get one. From there, she started doing private driving lessons. After 6 months, she decided to start the Street Smart Driving Academy.” Now, Mr. and Mrs. Smart are both the owners of the business, and love what they are doing to help teens in high school.

As much as they love their business, students also love it! According to  a review on streetsmartdriving.org, Justin C. said, “Driving with Street SMART Driving Academy was fun and taught me better ways to improve on my driving skills.”

About the Writer
Mackenna Myers, Staff Writer

Mackenna Myers is a sophomore at Heritage High School. This is her first year in Journalism, and she’s excited for what’s to come! She plays lacrosse...

• Smart Driving

News

Students’ Ideas On: Rush Foods

• Smart Driving

News

No More Tylenol

• Smart Driving

News

Hoco Spirit Week

• Smart Driving

News

German Exchange Students

• Smart Driving

News

Are Cicadas Back to Bug Loudoun?

• Smart Driving

Sports

America Runs On Winter Track

• Smart Driving

Sports

NFL Fans at Heritage!

• Smart Driving

Sports

Football Team Takeaway

• Smart Driving

Entertainment

Memes: Cool Story Bro!

• Smart Driving

Entertainment

2019 Movie Releases

Smart Driving